1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Switching to kali

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by #KILLC0D3, Feb 6, 2014.

1. #KILLC0D3

#KILLC0D3 New Member

hello bros.
    im new to this forum. first of all i want discuss some of my kali issues.
    the thing is i have triple booted.
    Backtrack 5 r3, Windows 7 and Crunchbang linux #!
    So, the backtrack is now old. i have used backtrack more than one year. And i'm little aware of it and tools too.
    The new version of backtrack is kali linux. And those latest tools are now developing for kali and all. No tools developing for backtrack. So i want change to kali linux. i want remove backtrack and install kali linux. Without removing bang and windows. Recently i tried to do that when my pc was dual booted. That time because of one mistake my full partition formatted. So this time i don't wont do a mess. So help me to install kali after removing backtrack. I have downloaded latest version of kali. My hard disk is partitioned in to 4 part. One for
    backtrack one for windows and one for crunchbang and one home partition for every os.
    Thank You
    -Sorry for my bad English-

2. rawstring

rawstring Staff Member

Just burn your Kali image to a USB drive or to a DVD, load it up as Live, open GPARTED and delete your BACKTRACK partition only. Then you can install Kali into that partition. You won't lose nothing. Also, you should have a SWAP partition. The size should be equal to your RAM.