1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing windows 8 with 7 withouth affecting installed kali

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by Anderson Boss, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Anderson Boss

Anderson Boss New Member

Hi,
    i am new to linux, and i have dual booted windows 8 and kali. But now i want to replace windows 8 with windows 7 without affecting the installed kali. Is that possible? plz help and thanks in advance for the help.

2. Japhet

Japhet New Member

used ...virtual box

3. andresd1

andresd1 New Member

Just install windows 7 on the part of the drive that's ntfs and it won't affect your kali install

4. Shadow007

Shadow007 New Member

totally agree with you,but if you want to try it,backup your home folder to prevent data damages

5. Hannington

Hannington New Member

install windows 7 inside windows 8 (but not in the virtual box) just as u install normal application. it will prompt u as a usual OS installation, so follow the normal procedures

6. Sn1p3r

Sn1p3r New Member

How about installing windows 7 on next free /dev/sd( ) along with windows 8 & kali .. after installation is Complete you may uninstall the os separately by Boot repair disc selection > OS UNINSTALLER :tongue:

Or, Uninstall Windows 8 first by Boot repair disc safely from HDD & after that install win7

That's all up to you!

7. SeM

SeM New Member

Just install windows 7 on your part of the drive where installed windows 8, after that if you'll have problems with grub (can't boot to kali), you'll need to repair your grub loader from Live CD